The Greenville County Redevelopment Authority is seeking to fill the position of Associate Community Development Planner.
Under regular supervision, performs various planning and community development duties in support of Greenville County Redevelopment Authority (GCRA). Prepares planning and reporting documents required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for receiving Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME), Emergency Solutions Grant, but not limited to the County’s 5 year Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plan (APP), and Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER). Performs Environmental Review on all HUD funded projects and on any Federal Funded projects requiring Environment Review. Assists in the management of Housing Partners’ HOME and Greenville County Affordable Housing Fund (GCAHF) development projects. Assists with the preparation and implementation of the Neighborhood and Corridor plans for GCRA’s special emphasis neighborhoods. Conducts necessary research and prepares grants application suitable to implement goals and objectives of the organization. Prepares maps, Census data and conducts other data analysis required. Conducts any necessary feasibility and market studies, pre-development activities including but not limited to zoning, subdivision and planning approval process required for housing and community development projects. Conducts income surveys and any other due diligence activities for programs and projects implements. Attend nightly community meeting as needed and give presentations as required. Must have proficient skills in using various software programs, such as GIS mapping and Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and database in order to prepare presentations, reports, maps, charts, and graphs.
Job Requirements: Requires a bachelor’s degree in urban planning, community development, or public administration supplemented by two years of experience in planning and development, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Makes public presentations to inform the public about planning projects and programs; attends and participates in public meetings/hearings to discuss planning projects and issues.
- Ability to deal with diverse population and stressful situations.
- A good understanding of pre-development activities required on real estate – residential developments.
- Ability to prepare GIS mapping as required.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other agency staff and community officials.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to present a professional and positive attitude to residents, staff, and other organizations.
- Ability to conduct mathematical analysis on data.
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license.
- Computer literacy.
Email cover letter with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO.