The Greenville News has published an article about the large millennial renter wage gap.
The gap reflects the difference between what a typical rental costs and what the typical worker can afford, and there’s 9.4% to make up in the Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin market, according to researchers at Filterbuy.
Data for the Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin metro area:
- Millennial renter wage gap: -9.4%
- Millennial renter median wage: $30,366
- Annual wage needed to afford a 1-bedroom rental: $33,520
- Median 1-bedroom rent: $838
- Percentage of millennials in rented housing: 23.0%
Photo copyright: Out of Reach