Helping Home Buyers In Greenville County
Assistance for Those Looking to Purchase a Home
Owning a home is possible, and GCRA can help you achieve that dream. GCRA works hard to build affordable housing so everyone has the chance to live comfortably. We build homes throughout Greenville County in areas such as the Brutontown community, the City of Greer, and Slater-Marietta.
First Time Home Buyers
If you are a first-time home buyer, you might qualify to buy an energy-efficient, affordable GCRA home. If you are interested in purchasing a GCRA home, please review the qualifications below and follow the application steps.
You May Qualify If You:
- Pass a SLED background check to verify eligibility (please note that a $30 fee will be charged for each household member aged 18 or older to cover the SLED check)
- Have good credit (If you’ve filed for bankruptcy you must wait two years before applying)
- Have a good rental history for at least 12 months
- Have a stable income
- Have a good employment history
- Have the ability to pay 1% of the purchase price as a down payment
- Meet the income requirements:
|Number in Household||Maximum Income|
as approved by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Effective June 28, 2019. (Income limits published annually by HUD)
How to Apply
If you meet the qualifications and want to apply for a GCRA house, follow the application process below.
1. Contact GCRA staff (info below), who will help you to begin the process. Along the way we will make sure all of your questions are answered.
2. Attend the Homebuyer Education Class taught by the Greenville County Human Relations Commission. Classes are taught in English or Spanish.
Down Payment Assistance
Owning a home is a big financial commitment, which is why it can be helpful to find help with down payment costs. Feel free to reach out to us for information on currently-available down payment assistance programs.
You May Qualify If You:
- Are a first-time home buyer
- Have stable income
- Secure a 30 year, fixed-rate first mortgage
- Complete an application process
GCRA works hard to build safe and affordable homes for all types of home buyers. Buying a GCRA home means:
- A personalized buying experience
- Value-added construction
- Certified energy-efficient homes
- Low-maintenance exteriors
- One-year warranty on all new homes
- Some neighborhoods have street lights, maintained sidewalks, public parks, and community centers